Monday, February 20, 2012

Can I run a VW diesel on cooking oil?

I have a 9 year old VW 1.9 diesel. I've heard you can use cooking oil rather than diesel, though somebody said it needs 3% white spirit adding.



Has anyone tried this? Did it work? If so, what are the long term effects?Can I run a VW diesel on cooking oil?I have met a person that claims they converted their vw to run bio diesel and cooking oil...http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_sv鈥?/a>

here is a link ......and I think that if you search a little on your own you will find that there are several people/ companys that make conversion kits........check out diesel power mags web site think they did an article awhile ago on this subject.. ok then here is one look.....you will have to google for the others..Can I run a VW diesel on cooking oil?
yes u can but 1st consult ur garage 1st i had a van that run on both deisal and cooking oil very economicalCan I run a VW diesel on cooking oil?Yes, you can. There is a conversion kit available to convert your standard diesel engine to run on cooking oil - even filtered used cooking oil from restaurants and fast-food emporiums - some of whom will give you their used oil for free so they don't have to pay a service to remove it FOR them.
i will be interested to see what replies you get, i have a diesel and have thought about this,, i heard asda run their fleet of lorries on cooking oil.Can I run a VW diesel on cooking oil?No pl you will spoil the cylinders and everything in it besides polluting.Can I run a VW diesel on cooking oil?
Give it a try and cook your chips at the same time,,,,Let us all know if it works and what the chips taste like....
Sure !

http://www.homebiodieselkits.com/Can I run a VW diesel on cooking oil?
on 5th gear the other day one of the presenters drove a merc from the west coast of england all the way to the east coast having filled his petrol tank with used fish and chip oil. nothing was added however he did recommend some kind of additive to increase viscosity basically to thin the oil slightly so that the car would start up better but otherwise they work fine without any help.
its daaaaaangerous because its viscosity is not good enough for engine. i did heard my friend use cookintg oil to act a temporary engine oil but it cannot last, u have stop every few kilometer to make sure the oil leve lis enough and don forget about the smoke which come out from your engine because the temperature was hot it could 'vapour' the oil and you have to keep on toping up.
yeah you can but you need a special king of engine that can use cooking oil for combustion. ask your mot or somebody like that.
I run a Peugeot on 25% cooking oil 75% diesel.

It's smells better....runs very well and saves me money.

Technically I should be paying tax on cooking oil as fuel though.
I think 5th gear covered this subject this week? I have it on tape but have'nt seen it yet. I f your e mail is open at yahoo i can let you know but it maybe a while before i see it?
I did this, with a '93 1.9 Diesel Golf, 50 / 50 split diesel and vegetable oil, you have to change the fuel filter after 1,000 miles because the veg oil cleans all the gunk out the tank, other than that I made no special provision, and to the idiot who said its polluting, actually it's carbon neutral unlike fossil fuels, smells like popcorn and produces fewer particulates than diesel.
Yes you can. Just make sure you filter it first to remove any solid contamination. The only thing you need to remember is that you need to pay duty on it, 21.5p for every litre of oil if i remeber correctly. You do need to add an organic solvent (which both Deisel and petrol are incidentally) to reduce the viscosity to aid cold starting. Regular diesel for this is ideal for this.

Your engine does not need modifying in any way.



I have attached a couple of links that may help.
yes u can but it should be done on emergencies only because it will mess up the engine. You might try using the used oil to make real diesel fuel I've seen it done on the discovery channel.
I saw an articale about this and it worked. go for ot and let us know

No comments:

Post a Comment