Sunday, February 26, 2012

How do I fix/prevent roof leak in my VW Beetle?

2000 VW Beetle with sunroof. Leaking floor in back seat and trunck wet when in the rain. Help! Is there an easy fix or maintenance I could do?How do I fix/prevent roof leak in my VW Beetle?There are 4 drain holes . Open your roof all the way and find them. Use a flexible rod (I like to use an old speedometer cable) and gently push and twist it down the holes. Most times it`s just crap built up in the drain tubes. They should be between 3-5' long. Most auto glass shops would be able to help you.. Note: DO NOT!!!!!! stick a coat hanger in the hole. You can do more damage than you are fixing.How do I fix/prevent roof leak in my VW Beetle?
Do you have sunroof? if so use a pitcher and open the roof and pour water in each corner and watch as the water runs out behind the front wheels and rear either behind the rear wheels or front of the rear wheels. Those drains become plugged with leafs and acorns free flowing is keey to keep water out of inside. No sunroof windshield seals and window seals could leak.How do I fix/prevent roof leak in my VW Beetle?Yes, first find out exactly where. I had a leak in my car not VW beetle, but I blamed above when the leak came from the wheel well/tire.How do I fix/prevent roof leak in my VW Beetle?
gonna have to put in a new seal, sealacone might help but usually ends up looking real badHow do I fix/prevent roof leak in my VW Beetle?Sealent of your coice just go to home depot and ask somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment