Sunday, February 26, 2012

Looking at a 1970 VW Bus how much to replace / repair leaking gas tank? I know you ahve to pull the engine?

I am looking at buying a 1970 VW Bus it has a gas leak that I suspect is the gas tank leaking I know you have to pull the whole engine out to get to the gas tank. What would the average cost in labor to do this job run?Looking at a 1970 VW Bus how much to replace / repair leaking gas tank? I know you ahve to pull the engine?Average R%26amp;R for a VW air cooled engine is about $200 at a VW specialty shop.Looking at a 1970 VW Bus how much to replace / repair leaking gas tank? I know you ahve to pull the engine?If you find it is the tank leaking, it depends if the tank is rusted through or it's been punctured. If the later it might be possible to mend, without removing the engine. There are products for this purpose. I did a repair on ford van, the patch done the job. Just another option.

Answer No 1 very good.Looking at a 1970 VW Bus how much to replace / repair leaking gas tank? I know you ahve to pull the engine?make sure it is not the tank first, there are lines that could be the culprit.



pulling and reinstalling an engine could be 1000.oo so be sure to track down any possible leaks.



pressurising at the gas cap might force fuel from the leak, just be sure that you know if it is the tank or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment