Thursday, February 23, 2012

Is it possible to put a 1974 Porsche 914 engine into a 1979 VW bus?

I just recently found a 1974 Porsche 914 engine and I was curious if it would be easy to put it in my 1979 VW transporter. And if its safe to have in the bus. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!Is it possible to put a 1974 Porsche 914 engine into a 1979 VW bus?yes It might work I've heard of it being done before and it should be somewhat easy. The engines are very similar, they both are air-cooled flathead motors that have four cylinders and are around the same size. I'm not so sure if the vw transmission would bolt up to it though, but it might.They might actually be the same block if its one of the four cylinder motors but I don't know for sure. Well Other than that it should slide right in. I know that you can put a Chevy corvair 6 cylinder engine in one of those by reversing the rotation of the engine, modifying the engine compartment, and using a special adapter to bolt it onto the transmission. I've actually done some research on doing that and it's definitely doable. Well I hope this helps.Is it possible to put a 1974 Porsche 914 engine into a 1979 VW bus?Yes you can. It should bolt right up, but you might need to change the flywheel.

The 914 is a 2.0 and a little stronger of an engine. It has an extra head bolt.Is it possible to put a 1974 Porsche 914 engine into a 1979 VW bus?Yes it can. Both use a 411 block. Just make sure the rear motor mounts can bolt to the engine block I'm pretty sure it does. Good Luck.
  • longhorn steakhouse locations
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment