Thursday, February 23, 2012

What is the best kind of front end for a vw baja bug?

i know there are different kinds of front ends for vw's. i would like to know what type is the best for making a baja bug? i read that it is the one that has a torsion bar.. is this correct?What is the best kind of front end for a vw baja bug?Link/King pin front end is the stronger one if you are looking for a stock front end. Torsion is correct (as apposed to a super beetle strut front end), but a through rod with coil over shocks is even better for more travel. Check out Eagle Performance, Dan's Performance, Latest Rage or buy a Hot VW magazine to get an idea of prices for a front beam.

I am going to be building an A Arm coil over front end for my 73 VW Thing. I am looking to get 20"+ of suspension travel out of the front. I am going to build 6x6 rear trailing arms for 20"+ rear travel too.

I am running a link pin with through rod (6" wider than stock beam) and 2.25" longer arms on the front of my dune buggy. It has 14" of strapped suspension travel and works nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment