Sunday, February 26, 2012

Can I rebuild old 60's vw engines than sell them for good profit?

I have seen some old vw engines for sale that are in good condition. I was wondering if I could rebuild it then sell it. I plan on making it almost as good as a turn key.Can I rebuild old 60's vw engines than sell them for good profit?36 h.p.an 40h.p. don't have cam bearings. The block can be machined for them. Most people want the bigger cc motors like 1500, an 1600cc.

But the 36 h.p. is desireable to restorers. I estimate parst an machine shop work to turn out a turn key 1600cc would be $2.000, if you have to buy parts. Carb. flywheel, clutch generator. If you go to 1776 or 1915 cc add another thousand. So whats your profit going to be.Can I rebuild old 60's vw engines than sell them for good profit?You can rebuild them and sell them for a profit, but it all depends on how much you pay for them in the first place and what condition they are in.



If you are doing this as a kind of business, your customers will be expecting some kind of guarantee too, so you'll have to take that into account as well.



Good luck though - there is definitely a market there for them.Can I rebuild old 60's vw engines than sell them for good profit?I can't say that for certain, but I know alot of folks use the old beetles as the basis for sand rails. Try to find some of those guys, and see what they're willing to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment