Sunday, February 26, 2012

Are the 2000 VW Golf's expensive to maintain and are they reliable?

I'm considering getting an automatic 2000 VW golf with 120,000 miles on it. Everything checks out good and it looks like the owner took care of it. However, my dad and some other people have told me that they are unreliable and expensive to repair. (please don't tell me any car is unreliable if not properly maintained, thats only partly true...). Anyway, who has this car and what would you recommend?Are the 2000 VW Golf's expensive to maintain and are they reliable?I have owned this car and my sister-in-law currently drives one as well . I love mine and considered it to be a highly reliable car however mine was a five speed manual I have heard some bad things about that year automatic transmission. The only problems with this car I ever had were sensor issues that I easily fixed myself and I seem to remember them starting at about the hundred thousand mark so maybe they have already been replaced your father is right about the expense of the repairs Volkswagen dealers seem to compare them to their cousin the BMW. But I was able to find a good independent mechanic for my sister in law that did not charge her nearly as much as the dealer. Just remember that buying any used car with this amount of mileage is always somewhat of a gamble but I think your odds are a little better with a Voltswagon then other brands

No comments:

Post a Comment