Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mediterranean food for party, recipes to feed a crowd that are refined and good quality but easy to make? 10 P?

I want to throw a tapas type party, I am making pizzas as the main course form scratch, but we'll be socializing for quite some time and I want to make interesting tapas. So far I have eggplant spread on pita chips and a goat cheese and sausage quesadilla triangles. I do have some venison chorizo, can I make little meatballs with that, would that be good? I also have a TON of frozen shredded turkey from the holidays. I also have a ton of ground venison spaghetti sauce from as well, what could I do with that? Obviously I'm going to go to the store but was wondering how to use these things up as tapa ingredients. What would kids like (no kids, clueless) for tapas? Also any cocktail ideas, I'm going to offer martinis and and wine. What martini flavor would be good? Like, pomegranate? (got any ideas for the turkey to roll with up in grape leaves?)Mediterranean food for party, recipes to feed a crowd that are refined and good quality but easy to make? 10 P?
Lettuce wraps with the shredded turkey! You can go several routes with this. You can either go Asia by cooking the turkey with soy or a spicy peanut sauce, or you can go American southwest by seasoning with chili powder.



For your venison, I think meatballs would work out well! Maybe season with some Spanish ingredients like smoked paprika and serve with a simple saffron cream sauce.



As far as cocktails go, the traditional one for a tapas party is Sangria. I make a Sangria Blanco similar to the recipe in the link below. Its always a hit with friends. I'd personally keep the cocktails relatively simple as it seems like you already have a lot of large bold flavors going on with the food.Mediterranean food for party, recipes to feed a crowd that are refined and good quality but easy to make? 10 P?
You can use most any type entree dish as a tapas course, just serve it in small portions.Mediterranean food for party, recipes to feed a crowd that are refined and good quality but easy to make? 10 P?
cheese pizza try it

No comments:

Post a Comment