Sunday, January 29, 2012

Crock-pot burned my Mediterranean chicken!?

I have a great Mediterranean chicken recipe (for the Crock-pot) that calls for 8 hours on low, but the rice has burned both times I've made it.

Would 5 or 6 hours on low still cook the chicken through? Here is the recipe below, any advice is greatly appreciated. The dish is delicious, even though the rice is a bit crispy. :)



Thanks!



1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, lightly pounded

1 cup wild rice blend

5 cloves garlic, smashed

1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes

1/2 cup capers, drained

2 cups water

1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil



1. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Place chicken in Crock-pot. Add rice, garlic, tomatoes and capers; stir well.



2. Mix water, lemon juice and oil in small mixing bowl. Pour mixture over rice and chicken. Stir once to coat chicken. Cover; cook on LOW for 8 hours.Crock-pot burned my Mediterranean chicken!?
8 hours seems excessive. I'd check for doneness at the 4th or 5th hourCrock-pot burned my Mediterranean chicken!?
add more water
  • ihop locations
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment